– run _once_ after XML is parsed. remember “F”: run first (only once) before BPP
– Can change the configuration/definition before the beans are instantiated.
– e.g. Property Placeholder configurator
– run _multiple_ times (one for each bean)
– contain postProcessBeforeInitialization and postProcessAfterInitialization returning original bean
– BeanFactory ??
– Factory bean that creates another type of bean.
– Contains getObject(), getObjectType() and isSingleton().
– Use “&name” to get reference to bean factory itself rather than created object.